create free account | login | feedback | tell your friends>
SportsCardDatabase - Sports Card Reference & Real Time Pricing

Free Sports Card Real Time Pricing and Collector Tools

Friday, June 12, 2009

Big Server Upgrades

SportsCardDatabase has been consistently growing since our launch. In fact, you guys have been so active that the data in our database has grown by 20% in size over this month, not to mention all the images you have been uploading. That is great news, and I can not tell you all how much I appreciate your contributions. Thank you.

When you combine the potential of this site with the substantial growth of SportsCollectors.Net, I wanted to put us in place to take them to a whole new level. While the site is performing nicely and doing well, I have decided that it is time to make a pretty major upgrade to the hardware that powers our site.

I have plans to add some cool stuff on both sites for a while (that no other site has even thought of), and I didn't think our current platform could handle it. So last week I bought some much bigger and more powerful servers, so we have some great things in store for SportsCollectors.Net and SportsCardDatabase.

Yesterday I finished migrating our site to the new servers. You may notice that things are running faster and that we have been working to add more features.

No comments:

Post a Comment